Tuesday, July 26, 2005

7.26.05 It's my birthday.......


It's my birthday and that puts me at the same age as Tedy Bruschi. In fact, I'm so old that only 9 Patriots are older than I and that includes the kicker and punter!

I'm not even sure if I can remember what position I'm supposed to preview today. Runningback, I think.

You'd better hope that Corey Dillon stays healthy because it won't be pretty if he misses significant time. Obviously we should pencil him in as a 1500 yard and 6-8 touchdown guy. (I'm one year older than Dillon)

Kevin Faulk has always been a good 3rd down back because he blocks and catches very well. He's also affective carrying the ball 4-5 times a game, but don't ask him to carry it 20-25 times, he just can't take the punishment. (3 years older than him)

Patrick Pass -FROM is a given to make the team - again. He is the only 'fullback' the team has on the roster, but more imporatant to the team are his special teams skills. (4 years)

Bill Belichick has always said good things about the size and instincts of Cedric Cobbs. (he's not even born in the same decade as me) Cobbs is entering his 2nd season and I for one and hoping for big things from him this year. The main problem he has is the shitty system he played in at Arkansas. All he was asked to do in the passing game was run one of two routes. That's just a little bit different with the Pats. On ANY given pass play, he will either have to block the End, Block the blitzing linebacker, the blitzing safety or corner, the defensive lineman that penetrates, or run one of 20, (no exageration) 20 pass routes depending on what he reads as the defensive coverage. Hey, no problem right?

I'm not even sure he's worth mentioning unless Faulk goes down, but Chad Morton is also on the roster. He is a punt and kick returner who really wants to be a running back. Good luck with that. I personally don't think he's going to make the team. And yes, I'm way older than him too. (4 years, but who's couting)

2 comments:

Russtopher said...

Happy b-day Tommy :-) You're what, 38 now?????

CJ said...

Patrick Pass from: Georgia