Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Passing Fancy

The Patriots are having there annual, non-mandatory passing camp this week leading up to this weekends' mandatory training camp. Although the passing camp is strictly voluntary, just about every Pat is there with one notable excepion - Deion Branch. Should I call him Seymour Jr? Branch, who as far as I know willingly signed his rookie contract without a gun to his head, is unhappy with his contract - ala Seymour last season. Boo Hoo. In the meantime, Brady gets to throw more balls to newcomers Jackson and Caldwell. The rumors are starting that Branch is prepared to skip the madatory camp this weekend as well, hoping that it will motivate the Pats to do a new contract before this season. Good luck with that one.

Speaking of rumors, Ty Law supposedly has narrowed his search to the Pats or Cardinals. As I've stated before, he's nuts not to sign with the Pats even if it's a one year deal. Another rumor connected with the Pats that might effect Branch is that old friend David Patten is going to be cut by Washington because of his high price and average performance. If Branch wants to sit out, the return of Patten could help to soften the blow, but I am by no means implying that Patten is as good as Branch.

Tom Brady played in a foursome with George Bush the Senior and Bill Clinton - not sure who the fourth was, but I would have been willing to spend my life savings to have been that guy. If any of you doubted my premise a year ago that Brady has political aspirations, there's some hard evidence for you. I just hope he stays in MA to be OUR Senator rather than CA's.

As for this week's passing camp, I'm not sure that the media - or anyone has had any access to it. I've been searching high and low for something, anything on how the new guys are doing. Hopefully we'll hear more on this weekend's camp.

Pass it on....tell your friends you heard it here!

6 comments:

Barry said...

With any REAL luck, Brady would unseat Fat Teddy in the Senate. Though, I'd be almost as happy to see John Kerry-Heinz go away.

CJ said...

Oh sure Barry, pick on the Democrats. Last I checked it was Republicans that are in office as Governor and President.

Barry said...

You suckered me into THAT one, didn't you, CJ? :)

Anonymous said...

It really annoys me to see Branch do shit like this. You'd think he'd realize how the Patriots are with money and try to go about this a better way. Who does he think he is?

Tom said...

Well I'm glad someone is using this political forum to talk football. Yes, Krager, I agree with you. Who does Branch think he is? Only a super bowl MVP with a record for # of catches in consecutive SB's. BUT he's only played one full season, he admittedly can't beat a double team, and he's NOT Richard Seymour. Should the Pats pay him just because he may become a free agent next year? No. Besides, Tom Brady should have been MVP that year, afterall who threw the ball to Branch?

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying that Branch doesn't deserve a good slice of the pie. Averaging 13yds per reception is no slouch. I'm just saying that the way he's going about trying to get that money is crap. I didn't agree with the say "See-more-money" went about it either.