Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cleveland Game, Top Ten

It's hard to decide if the Patriots performance on Sunday was good or bad. Was it good because they didn't play very well and were stil able to win by 17? (Take away the turnovers and the Browns would have been very close.) Was it bad because Cleveland is not a good team and the Pats got away with one. I'll give the Browns credit for coming in and playing with heart and also for having a good gameplan. It was tough watching Brady struggle just because Moss was double teamed on literally every play. You'd have to assume that's what teams will do, double Moss until Brady shows he's comfortable beating them with other receivers.

Obviously Brady did enough to win even if it was ugly. Morris was very good running the ball and Watson and Stallworth showed that they can win ball games despite Moss' production or lack thereof. Is it too early bring in a new punter?

On cleveland's side, I'd have to say I like Anderson's moxie Joe Thomas is a stud and Bralon Edwards is a star waiting to happen. However, I was thoroughly unimpressed by Winslow.


TOM'S TOP TEN TEAMS

1. Patriots
They'll have a chance to prove themselves at Dallas next week.

2. Colts
They could play me at RB and still win, their O-Line is that good.

3. Steelers
Total domination of one of the better NFC teams.

4. Cowboys
I've been trying to tell you that Romo's not as good as the hype. He
is good though.

5. Packers
Winning and LOSING on the arm of Favre.

6. Jaguars
A dominating D and a ball control O. Garrard has thrown ZERO int's.

7. Titans
A dominating D and a winner at QB.

8. Redskins
Have you heard this before? Dominating D, ball control O.

9. Seahawks
Will the real Seahawks please stand?

10. Bucaneers
I can't kick them out of the top 10 for losing at Indy.



San Fran's pick watch:
If the season ended today, the 49ers first round pick would be as high as #10. The Pats might be able to draft a replacement for Asante with a pick that high. Might.



2 comments:

Krager said...

I've got to say, as much as it's awesome that we are 5-0, it's getting kind of boring having them steam roll teams every week. I had the luxury of being at the Browns game and the crowd was totally not into it. It wasn't the same as every other game I've been to and that was kind of a downer.

In fact the lack of intensity of the crowd, combined with the AWESOME display of punting, some sloppy plays, and A LOT of Captain Morgan caused me to get yelled at by some Gillette workers in the 4th quarter.

Apparently my f'ing sister can f'ing kick f'ing better than that f'ing douchebag. :)

I'm glad I picked this game to be in a haze as it wasn't that exciting/important. Was the play in the 4th quarter really THAT bad, because apparently I was VERY upset about it.

Tom said...

Atta Boy Krager!
I couldn't have done it better myself!