Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Odds n Ends and SUPERBOWL

Everyone seems to be reporting that Tom Brady has dropped out of the ProBowl due to a groin injury. No one reports the severity of it, nor do they know how or when he injured it. On a seperate Brady note, I think he did a pretty good job as a guest on Family Guy.

A couple of reports have Rodney Harrison working hard towards a return for the start of the season next year. Although he's in the Pats facility 4 days/week for 3-5 hours, they don't think he'll be ready for the start of training camp. Originally the thought was a return in week 3-5 of the season, so him being ready for opening day would be quite a feat.

If you haven't already heard, Belichick will be on the SB pregame show on the sidelines with Mike Tirico. Evidently Belichick will 'breakdown' the game in terms of X's and O's. While I'd love to catch that portion of the pregame, there is no way I'm sitting through all the other BS that ABC will undoubtably include in the pregame just to see Belichick.

Speaking of the SuperBowl, or as I am wanting to call it, SleeperBowl, Anyone have any thoughts? I really care so little about it this year that I have no info to offer. I will be rooting against Pittsburgh because of the cocky, loudmouth nature of the team. So what do YOU think? Do you really care at all about this SleeperBowl? How about picking a winner?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am going to join most other pats fans against the Pittsburgh Steelers for the following reasons,

1) If Big Ben wins this super bowl he will pass Tom Brady for the youngest QB to win a superbowl. No one wants that punk to pass up a class act like Brady. i hope Holgrem gets comfy in Ben's head and embarasses him.

2) Even though i "love" pittsburgh for knocking off the #1 seed, 13-and whatever, Peyton Manning, stupid Colts, i love it even more when pitt loses. especially when pitt loses to us. even more so when pitt loses in the post-season to us. and best of all when pitt loses the afc championship... to us. so i'll add when pitt loses the super bowl.

3) Seattle has never (and maybe WILL never again) appeared at the super bowl. a title will be good for this franchise.

and thats my 2 cents

Anonymous said...

"aftermath of sucky-ness"... i love it! that may have to be my new favorite band name.

anyway, Seattle 34-27...

i have absolutely no basis for that, but i figure somebody should have the balls to at least make a guess.

Anonymous said...

I'm too depressed to care. I'm going to see David Copperfield in Boston that afternoon and don't care what time I get back to watch the "game".

I hate Pitt, I don't give a crap about Seattle. I guess it would be nice for the Tatupu family if Lofa got a ring. But my love for Mosi is driving that thought. I'd still kind of like the AFC to win.

Pitt 27-13 in Snoozefest '06

Pitchers and catchers report in like 3-4weeks right? :)