Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bringing Clarity to my Previous Post

No I do not need to commit suicide. The point I was trying to make was that while I have faith in Belichick and Pioli, it is very frustrating not knowing just what the plan is. Compare it to the Sox. After Damon left, we knew they would probably go get Crisp. We always had an idea of what they might be up to. The frustration with the Pats is no one has a clue what the plan is. The Pats beat writers didn't know that they acquired Dillon until it came over the news wire.
An example of my frustration is at wide receiver. Everyone knew for the last two seasons that Givens was leaving at the end of his contract. The writers speculated the Pats would probably go after Jurevicious or Finneran. Both signed for 'patriot-like' money and never heard from the Pats. One report even had Finneran's agent calling the Pats and asking them to match Atlanta's offer.
Anyway, I hope this clears the air, I'm not about to commit suicide, I'm not about to jump ship on the Pats nor Belichick and Pioli, I'm merely frustrated with their secrecy. I would have speculated that since Belichick and Keyshawn are such good friends (Belichick attended Keyshawn's wedding) that he'd be a natural fit here especially considereing that the Pats #2 WR is 'Bam' Childress. But who knows, tomorrow they might trade for Randy Moss for all I know. And that is where my frustration lies.

No comments: