Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Your Families

As Thanksgiving approaches we take time to reflect on the blessings in our lives that we should be thankful for. I for one thank God that I'm not a Green Bay fan. They are a pathetic football team. They make me feel appreciative of our Patriots. There isn't a team out there that you'd say the Pats have no chance of beating. How many teams in the league can say that, six?
I'm not going to say much about last week's game because of that. GB simply stinks, the Pats took care of business instead of being sucked into a trap game. I'll give them credit for that. Let me ask you some questions about the game:

Where was Doug Gabriel? I saw him for one or two running plays, that's it. I certainly hope that one fumble against the Jets doesn't doghouse him for the year. It seems like he's tried real hard to be productive for this team and I hope he gets a chance.

How nice was it to see Stephen Neil return to the O Line?

How bad has Brett Favre gotten? Man, I love Brady, but I hope that we'll all know when to say goodbye to him.

Didn't your jaw drop when Maroney faked Barnett out of his jock strap on the way to a TD?

Where was this Offense against the @#%&ing Jets?


Thanks for YOUR response to those crucial life and death questions. I'd like to have a little speculation fun before moving on to Da Bears game.

If the playoffs started today, The Pats would be the fourth seed. Here's how it would shake out and then my idiotic try at picking the SB based on that.

BYE WEEK:
1 Indy
2 Ravens (tied with SD, but beat SD head to head)

Wild Card:
#6 Jaguars at #3 SD
#5 Broncos at #4 Pats

*I THINK the Jags get #6 over KC by virtue of a better AFC record.

Pats over Broncos
SD over Jags

SD over Indy
Pats over Ravens

Pats over SD

Piece of cake right?

Doing a bit more research based on strength of schedule, I think the Pats will swap with the Ravens by seasons end so it will go Indy, Pats, SD, Ravens, then either Broncos Jags or KC for the last two spots. At any rate, in this order, when SD beats Indy, the AFC championship would be SD AT NE in 2 degrees and snow.
Thanks for humoring me.


AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY THE PATS WILL BEAT DA BEARS.....

Teams playing on the road for a third time in a row only win 34% of the time. I haven't found it, but if you include the fact that the bears won the first two, the odds of winning 3 in a row on the road have got to be VERY slim.

The number two reason why the pats SHOULD beat Da Bears....

(Please forward this Josh "Cletus" McDaniels)
The Bears are susceptible to the RUN. RUN the ball Joshy. Run. Run. Run. Then Run some more. Here's what the Bears run defense has done since their week 7 bye:

week 8 - Frank Gore 111 yds
" 9 - Ronnie Brown 157 yds
" 10 - Tiki Barber 141 yds
" 11 - Jets 3 backs 108 yds

Here are the Bears stats vs the pass this season:
#1 giving up a mere 152 yds through the air
#2 in INT's with 15
A total of 25 sacks.

IF Joshy lets the Pats run, they win.

Chicago wins if:
They return a kick for a TD. The Pats special teamers will be tested this week.

PATS 16 Da Bears 6



10 things I think I think (thanks Peter King at SI):

1 - I'll route for San Francisco to make it back to the playoffs. They are one game out at 5-5 so it's a real possibility.

2 - The AFC representative will win the Super Bowl

3 - It was great to see Peyton Manning lose this week.

4 - The Pats shouldn't have given up on Terry Glenn. She was instumental in the Dallas victory this week.

5 - Seattle will lose 6 or 7 games this year. (better Pats pick)

6 - Brett Favre should have retired 2 years ago

7 - Denver has problems. How do they always beat the Pats?

8 - The Pats toughest remaining game is AT Miami.

9 - I want to kiss Suzy Kolber too! (but I don't think I'm her type)

10 - Michigan had their chance and does NOT deserve a re-match with Ohio State.
- Jim Tressel will be one of the best NFL coaches within the next 3 years - if he wants to.

2 comments:

Russ said...

man, who *doesn't* want to kiss Suzy Kolber?

Anonymous said...

I definitely wouldn't kick Kolber out of bed, but if I had to choose, I'd take Bonnie Bernstein. Man do I miss seeing her in HD. The sideline reporting this year has been subpar to say the least. CBS says that they will have 2 guys doing the reporting for the SB. F that!

It's wonderful to see Neil back on the line. He's a big part of that line on and off the field. This can only mean good things.

Favereererer is pathetic. If we have to put up with another summer of press conferences saying he MIGHT be retiring, I may blow a gasket. I'm tired of him, GB is tired of him, get off the field. I was taunting on of my friends who is a diehard GB fan, and even she thinks he's pathetic. It's sad to see such a great team nose dive so much.

If I think about what I thought before the Bears game, I did have some worries even after this win. Most of those came in the fear that GB was SO bad that this win didn't prove a thing. At least it gave us some serious confidence going into the bears game.

I'll save all my comments regarding the Bears game for your post-game post.

Tom, I also think you should "take a dive" one week in the pick-em league. Let some of us that forgot to do one week play catch up ;)