Friday, August 05, 2005

Going out on a limb?


I want you to think for a moment. Over the past 4-5 seasons, who is the quarterback that has been injured the most?
I seem to remember a severe ankle sprain, a concussion, a thigh injury, a wrist injury, a back problem, a bad left leg, something with one of the fingers on his throwing hand and most recently a major sternum (chest) injury. This guy nearly retired because at the age of 30, he can't even pick up his kids.

If you answered Steve McNair I have to agree, or at least that's my point. McNair, a tough guy by all accounts, only agreed to return to the Titans when they hired Norm Chow of USC as the new offensive coordinator.

In a move that is amusing to me, not that I really wish any physical harm to any player, the Jets hired offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger because they like his verticle passing game. Did I mention that Heimerdinger was McNair's offensive coordinator? He was. Chad Pennington had better strap his helmet on pretty tight this year.

So am I going out on a limb when I make the prediction that Pennington will not finish this season? Backup Jay Fiedler had better learn the offense pretty quickly.

No comments: