Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A New Segment

I usually have a problem with the various rankings of NFL teams whether it be from ESPN, SI, Yahoo or USA Today. So I have decided to start doing my own top ten rankings once a week. If I had to come up with all 32 teams it would probably come out something like this:
1a Pats
1b Colts
32 the rest in a tie.

Let's face it, at this point in the season there are only two true contenders, but I said I'd do a top ten so here goes.


TOM'S TOP TEN TEAMS

1 - Patriots Looking like world champs, but I won't go so far as to say that they'll go undefeated

2 - Colts They'll stay here for as long as that young defense holds up

3 - Steelers Their opponents were not impressive, but they are a complete team that can win with O and with D.

4 - Chargers They are just aweful right now, but I wouldn't want to play them come January when they've adjusted to the new coaches.

5 - Texans I like their point differential better than the other undefeated teams in the league

6 - Broncos Bad wins against bad teams, but wins are wins.

7 - Packers For now Favre looks young. They are playing good Defense, giving up only 26 points this season, 2 fewer than the Pats.

8 - Cowboys Bad wins against bad teams but have given up 55 points

9 - Lions This might be the last week on the list for the Lions. Wins against Oakland shouldn't count.

10 - 49ers I would have put the Cardinals here because I think the Cards are better, but how can I when SF just beat them?




One quick note here. Don't get suckered into taking Green Bay this week. The Pack are at home getting 7 points from San Diego. Take the Chargers, the AFC is that much better than the NFC.

No comments: